Wednesday, November 26, 2008

~Testimony!~

Super duper belated repost from Rebecca Lincoln, 1 July 2007.

morning!

i have photos to show everyone from my graduation on the 19th of june 2007. graduation was a testimony itself of God's providence in my life. some of you have already heard it at sunnydale cell/project daniel (where jaena gave me an opportunity to lead yesterday!). for the rest, take time to read through this and i hope the testimony will encourage you as well (for those lazy to read and just want photos scroll down and click on the photobucket links with descriptions).

for a long time, i've had faith in God because God has provided for my family. those of you who have visited my house would have heard me say that a lot of the things we have at home were gifts from friends. on graduation day itself, i received first hand God's favour and providence. this came about by me being silly and it taking place in the morning when i was setting up panels for graduation. i didn't know you weren't supposed to use glue on styrofoam because it will corrode the styrofoam. it was only after i glued everything that my friend's brother told me. by then, i had used up all my tape and i prayed to God to provide tape. i went around asking and loads of friends gave me tape to use. some even helped me put up the top panels, which was really nice. the panels ended up staying up the whole night so thank God!

second occurance was when we were waiting for the examiners to grade our panels. one of my best friends was late and he asked me to stall the examiners. i didn't get how to stall the people who could fail you if you were late so i was praying for God's favour that i wouldn't get screamed at for trying to stall examiners. my friend came and i helped him set up his panel. halfway through, the examiner marking my friend's panel was done and walked to the next person (i was next). i freaked out and later calmed down to pray. i was afraid i would fail. the examiners that went to the next person were lecturers from our school. they knew what we'd been doing for the past 6 months and after thinking about it, i was sort of relieved that they didn't grade me. i prayed for God's favour and waited close to 45 minutes before the programme director asked if i'd been graded and got someone to grade me. the grading went well. he liked my artwork and all was good. having a creative designer tell you he liked your artwork was a big relief.

third occurance was when my friend offered to redo my makeup. we rushed back to her hotel across the road and she helped me redo my makeup. as we were leaving her brother said i didn't look nice with glasses and suggested wear take his contact lenses. i told him the degree would probably not be the same but he insisted that i go see. imagine my surprise when i saw that his contacts were very similar to my degree. mine was 2.75 for both side and his was 2.70 for one side and 2.75 for the other side. it blew my mind and i remember thanking him for providing for me.

anyway, now that i've given my testimony, photos!
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/18degrees/DSC_0072-1.jpg
jaena and me (half-body)


http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/18degrees/DSC_0073.jpg
jaena and me again (full-body and in heels, hahaha)


http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/18degrees/DSC_0061.jpg
my best friend and i (not the one who i helped with the panels. his name's yuri, he's indonesian and he goes back on thur. :((((((( )


http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/18degrees/DSC_0069.jpg
close friend and i (her name is kenny and she's from hong kong and she left the day after grad)


http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/18degrees/DSC_0040.jpg
me and another close friend who's doing interior design (we call her marz, she's a phillipino who's living in jakarta)


http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/18degrees/DSC_0041.jpg
best friend, close friend, me and her best friend


http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/18degrees/grad.jpg
group photo of some of us


http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/18degrees/dress.jpg
and finally, in case you're wondering, the dress i wore


hope everyone has a good week (i'm free for lunch everyday, mwhahahaha)!

No comments: