Saturday, October 29, 2005

Car Key Short Story

There was a working mother. She has a little toddler. Her domestic assistant took care of her toddler during day time. This mother did her best in office. She also did her best as a mother.

One day, as she arrived in her office. Her domestic assistant telephoned her. Her child sickness was getting worse.

She informed her manager; rushed to her car. Unfortunately, she couldn't find her car key. She locked her car key in the vehicle. She pulled the door handle real hard; pull and pull, but nothing happen. She picked up a thin little metal piece from the floor. She attempted to open but failed.

The domestic assistant telephoned again. This time, she panicked. Suddenly, she remembered one thing - "Pray"! She bowed her head and whispered a simple short prayer: "God, please send someone to open car door."

When she opened her eyes, she saw a dirty untidy man riding recklessly on a rusty bicycle almost knocked her down. In her desperation: "Sir, could you help me to open my car door. I need to pick my child to the hospital. My child is very sick. I left the key inside. Could you please help, sir!"

He said in a low voice: "Certainly..."

Then he asked her: "Could you pass me the metal piece on your hand?" He bend the metal a little. Carefully, aim it into the key hole; with a few twists and the car door open.

The mother was very happy: "Thank you, Sir! You are a very nice man. Are you locksmith?" she asked.

He replied: "I'm not a good man. I am not a locksmith. I just came from the prison for car theft awhile ago"; the replied faded off as he rode off with his bicycle.

The working mother cried: "Thank God for sending me a professional!"




No comments: