Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Vitamin V

Our body requires vitamins to grow!

Vitamins are a group of substances essential for normal metabolism, growth and development, and regulation of cell function.Vitamins work together with enzymes, co-factors (substances that assist enzymes), and other substances necessary for healthy life. Each vitamin has specific functions. If levels of a particular vitamin are inadequate, a deficiency disease results.

I am going to introduce you to a new vitamin...vitamin V!

V stands for ... VISION.


A newbie said as an afterthought, “Oh, you mean our cell is called Light.” YES!
Matt 5: 14-16.

And being a city on a hill, a light of the world is our VISION. For YOU. For your cell.

speak LIFE! If you know me, so far, I seldom complain. Sure, my days at work makes me tired, and sometimes quite stressed. But I never see it that way. Even when I am very tired, I seldom complain, because God has blessed me with enough money to take cab home and go for foot reflexology… etc. I used to be someone who complains quite a lot. But I realized that it only makes you feel worse. And sometimes we need to have our downtimes, our ‘me’ times. That’s fine. But don’t wallow in self-pity for too long. Of course, if you have just broken up or got fired or something bad happened to you, I’m not expecting you to just swallow your feelings and pretend everything is all right. But instead of speaking badly, complaining about it, speak life into the situation. All of us have the power to speak life into others. When I was at the exhibition, I unknowingly revealed to strangers – in two different instances that my church is Trinity, that I am a Christian. Even though I was there to work, not to save anyone… but hey, if you have a heart for God and for the things of God, He will use you. I met an architect from DP architects and just proudly told him, hey you guys designed my church! They are famous architects who have designed many mega malls in china, dubai and Singapore. He agreed that yes, they did design it. And also, I met two people who worked in cisco – I mentioned that I often go to payalebar because my church is there! Then surprisingly one said, oh, his uncle is a pastor (Danny leong) in Trinity! So, you never know whose life is changed because you said one thing to them.

God has spoken to me lots during easter weekend, and I also noticed that Jesus never complained about his situation.

I always say, when you have a problem, don’t look at the problem and how big it is… look to the solution, not the problem. Many times we always forget that.

As a cell, I hope we can find good friends in this cell. We are here for a purpose. Mostly, because God wants us to be here, now, for this present moment. And also, I prayed for every single one of you to come. God has always answered all my prayers, and you are an answer to my prayers.

So...

Do you have a vision for your life?
What do you want to see take place for your life, today?



“There’s a difference between a dreamer and a person who has a dream. There are thousands and thousands of dreamers, but there are very few people who have dreams – and there’s a world of difference between them. Dreamers talk much but do little. They may hatch up wild plans and ideas, but you never see them happening. Dreamers lack discipline. On the other hand, a person who has a dream talks little but does much. You may not hear all about the dream, but if you watch, you’ll see it happen. This kind of person is driven by the dream.” –John C Maxwell , “Make Yours a Winning Team”

No comments: