Friday, November 28, 2008

~Testimony!~

Monday, November 24, 2008

My testimony goes like this ...

Sep 2006
Left for UK to escape the great depth of unhappiness I was feeling.
Fell down the stairs and broke my leg.
Questioned if God is real.
Flew back to Singapore for treatment.
Wheelchair-bound for 3 months and walked using a walking aide for another 3 months.


July 2007
Still unhappy, I left everything and backpacked Europe for one month in search for answers. Met Cory who was a friend of a friend of a friend in Munich. She bought me to a church that I went to again myself subsequently and God spoke to me in that Church ... He never left.

Sep 2007
Went for follow-up at SGH for leg and was told I might never be able to run again and I need to accept the fact that my body will never be able to function the same way as before the fall. Left the clinic in tears.

Nov 2007
Cory came back to Spore and invited me to Trinity Church.
Did the Vertical Marathon to overcome my phobia of stairs. Couldn't have done it without God!

March 2008
Prayed for healing during Easter Service. I felt a warm sensation passing through my body to my foot. Felt better after that but didn't give it too much thought.
Joined a cell group and started serving in church.

Aug 2008
Missions Impact Trip to Chennai where we had the chance to spread the Gospel to hundreds.

Sep 2008
Completed my first 'marathon' with Rach!- 5 km

Nov 2009
Finished Top 10 in the women 20-29 category for the vertical marathon. This is for you God!
***
I was never meant to escape to UK and I still believe the fall was God's way to bring me back. I was angry with him then but He never left. He held on to me when I hated and blamed Him. I couldn't see his great plans with my myopic vision.

Was at SGH for my follow-up today and doc says I can do whatever I want ... jump, hop, run ... anything. Praise God!

Life is not perfect still and there are still issues but I've found such great joy in God and it's comforting to know that He will be my strong tower, my shelter and He will give me enough strength to get through another day. With God, life simply is Xtraordinary ! =D

But the people who trust the Lord will become strong again. They will rise up as an eagle in the sky. They will run without needing rest. They will walk without being tired. - Isaiah 40:31

Melissa

No comments: