Monday, September 05, 2005

The rain, and an opportunity to 'salt'.

Something amazing happened today! (sunday). I was heading to church for a baby dedication... (as you all know, it was raining quite heavily) and I was going to be late even though I left my house early, due to the inclement weather.

I reached the bus stop opposite the church and waited at the traffic light. There, I noticed a girl who actually took the same bus as me, standing beside me - and she was getting drenched! I hurriedly offered to share mine.

We had a mini-conversation as we walked on the road to Adam - As it turns out, she was living nearby our church, an apartment building along the same road and studies in the girls' secondary school nearby. I managed to accompany her to the apartment building and she actually asked me about church, am I going for service, do I go every week, etc. Sensing an interest on her part, I casually asked her whether she liked music, she replied in the affirmative. So I invited her to 'Silver Rain', a worship concert that is going to be held in our church.

We exchanged phone numbers, and I believe that she will come down on the 24th of Sept.

I'm really very happy to make this new oikos! It's just so amazing that this happened today..., I was thinking that it's really a divine opportunity, and I just happened to be there at the right time. It takes an effort, definitely, on my part, 'cuz I do not have an inclination to talk to strangers, haha!

I imagine if I had just rushed to church ('cuz of being late), I would not have noticed someone beside me who needs an umbrella shelter, and maybe, she needs a touch from God, too.

And the baby dedication ceremony... I was about 20mins late, but when I reached, it did not start yet. Whew! =)

1 comment:

fy said...

wow amazing..I also have mine to share hee