Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Remember His Love

Lead me to Calvary...Lead me back to His Love.

In cell yesterday, we shared about L-O-V-E again...
Because love is important - not only important. It is essential. Some shared that falling in love gives me a fuzzy feeling inside, you feel happy - overjoyed, silly with anticipation, and having the pleasant feeling of knowing that there is someone who wants to listen to you. Love is meaningful, for some it gives the purpose of life. And TzeYang shared, "Ït is the reason he wakes up every morning!" And for those of us who have fallen in love before, some of us have done really stupid things for the person we love! One guy shared that he met his love at the bus stop (this was way back in sec school) and on v-day, gave her a big bunch of silvery, heartshaped balloons (and she had to carry it around the whole day). For me, the most romantic thing I ever did was to fold a whole box of those tiny paper cranes for my boyfriend. I'm not good in origami, but I remember for the whole period before v-day, I would fold those cranes. It is super tiny and it takes me 5 mins to fold just one. So, during math lesson, chinese lesson, watching tv... I was folding, folding, folding. I wanted to fold up to a thousand cranes but... could only manage 400+.

After we broke up I wanted it back but he wanted to keep it, so... ...
After that, I was so tired of origami that I never folded a single crane again. =P

In my last sojourn overseas, I met a Swede. Actually I spent v-day with him, because I travelled, as a birthday gift to myself and it overlaps the day. He bicycled from BKK to SG to Melaka. Way cool! I really admire him for that. During our conversation, we talked about family, and I asked him about his. Actually, his wife was supposed to join him but she had died of cancer. I was sorry to bring it up and asked him if he was okay. He said something that I think I will remember for the rest of my life.

"LOVE is like LIFE itself. Sometimes you wonder why you have chosen this life with this person. Other times, you cannot imagine a life without. I do miss her, but it's okay, life is like that. As long as I know there is ALWAYS a place in my heart for her, it's okay."

This year, Spring comes late for many countries. I know in Korea, and Sweden, it was still snowing, up to 2 weeks ago. In our spiritual lives too, all of us have seasons. Ups and downs, births and deaths. New phases of life. Changing jobs, positions, graduations. For myself, I believe I am going through a season of renewal. I feel like I've gone through long months of winter. Cold! Even though I've never doubted God's love for me. He still answers my prayers. But through last year, I don't feel that I had a heart for God. Maybe, I was too distracted by my relationship. Maybe, my priorities shifted. Maybe... I'd never know the reason. But you know what? Don't kill yourself because you are experiencing winter right now. Think of it as though you are waiting for Spring.

Do you know that God loves you?
Which season are you now in, spiritually?

In all my doings I realise one thing. If you really want God, you got to get a touch from Him. No amount of counseling, encouragement or scolding will help. You have to reach out to Him.

Remember the FIRST TIME you met the person you love?
Remember the first time you fell in love... with God.

After Easter, as we remember the cross,
we remember the road to Calvary...

I hope all of us, will also remember His love.


Yes, Jesus loves me
Yes, Jesus loves me
Yes, Jesus loves me
for the Bible tells me so.

No comments: